Instruction of Ionic liquid extractant for extracting cobalt from nickel-cobalt mixture.
Ionic liquid extractant for extracting cobalt from nickel-cobalt mixture.
This process is a kind of high selective cobalt separation from nickel-cobalt mixtures using an undiluted ionic liquid, it is environmental friendly hydrometallurgical methods.
Ionic liquids (ILs) are a class of molten salts that are liquid at room temperature. They have unique properties, such as low vapor pressure, high thermal stability, and high ionic conductivity. Due to these properties, ILs have attracted significant attention as potential alternatives to traditional organic solvents in various chemical processes, including solvent extraction.
ILs can serve as extractants in solvent extraction processes due to their ability to selectively dissolve target compounds from a mixture. The use of ILs as extractants has several advantages, including high selectivity, high solubility of metal ions, and low environmental impact.
ILs can be designed to have specific properties that make them ideal for certain applications. For example, they can be tuned to have specific functional groups that can interact with metal ions in solution, which allows for the selective extraction of specific metals.
One area where ILs are currently being studied for their extractive properties is in the recovery of metals from electronic waste, as ILs have shown promise in extracting metals such as copper, gold, and platinum. Other potential applications include the extraction of rare earth metals, and the removal of pollutants from wastewater.
Overall, the use of ILs as extractants is an exciting area of research with significant potential for applications in various industries.
We special to focus on R&D metal extraction reagents, our major products as below:
- DZ988N/DZ973N/DZ902 copper solvent extraction reagent.
- DZ272 Nickel, cobalt, manganese, and magnesium separation extractant.
- DY319 high efficiency nickel cobalt co extraction extractant.
- DY377 efficient nickel and diamond separation extractant.
- DY366 new advanced nickel cobalt extractant.
- P204 (D2EHPA or HDEHP) extractant.
- DY301, DY302 for nuclear spent fuel recovery.
- Other extraction reagents for Vanadium extractant, Lithium extractant, Ferro extractant and rare earth extractant.