Future Development Trends of Lithium Battery Industry
The electric vehicle industry in China is expanding rapidly, and the production and recycling of lithium batteries in the future must keep up with its development speed in order to support its sustainable development. The development of electric vehicles has the following benefits:
1. Electric vehicles have zero emissions at all times, solving the problem of automobile emissions pollution and greatly improving the air pollution problem in cities, especially large cities and mega cities.
2. Solved the problem of oil shortage: With the increase in power generation from green energy sources such as wind, solar, and nuclear, the use of electric vehicles no longer requires the consumption of oil.
3. Most electric vehicles charge at night, turning useless electricity into value, reducing the waste of electricity resources at night, and the added value is enormous; So, its energy storage function will also bring huge wealth.
4. China’s rapid expansion of electric vehicles has achieved overtaking on curves, forming an important economic pillar of its own.
Although lithium batteries have a certain lifespan and high replacement costs, the cost of electricity allocated per kilometer is not high. In addition, the addition of a large-scale lithium battery recycling industry is also beneficial for driving the economy. With the development of technology, there will be many new technologies emerging in the future, which will bring us more and more convenience.
6. The large demand for lithium batteries promotes investment in scientific research and development in related fields, which will lead to better new battery technologies. For example, implanting 4G chips into the battery can monitor and adjust its usage status, making it more efficient, and so on. Only by doing can one develop in practice.
7. Electric vehicles have a fast acceleration, which was only achievable by millions of supercars. There is also Huawei’s research and development of new technologies such as autonomous driving and light field screens, which will overturn the traditional concept of cars.
8. Our human eyes can only look straight ahead from inside the car, and based on experience, we can control the speed and judge the road conditions ahead. The eyes of autonomous driving in front of the car roof can not only see higher and farther than the human eye, but also have a more three-dimensional perspective. Coupled with infrared perception, even in completely black road conditions, the temperature of the object in front can be distinguished, which is beyond the reach of the human eye.
9. Autonomous driving should be an upgrade of manual driving, where appropriate measures can be taken to handle any ever-changing and complex road conditions. Through cloud computing, experience can be accumulated during the driving process, and autonomous driving technology can be trained better and better. Otherwise, relying on road perception and high-definition maps, one can only run on urban roads and will not become a perfect advanced driver.
10. Many young people who have driven electric vehicles are unwilling to drive gasoline cars anymore because of fast acceleration, no need to run gas stations, strong sense of interior technology, and autonomous driving. Any market with young people has a future. So, developing electric vehicles is a disruptive industry behavior.
In view of this, as the recycling scale of the lithium battery industry increases, our ternary lithium battery material nickel cobalt manganese extraction industry will also grow rapidly, and our nickel cobalt manganese extraction agent industry will also develop faster and faster.
Our major products of metal extractants and usage as below:
- P204 (D2EHPA or HDEHP) extractant. This is used for first step to remove impurity for laterite nickel ore.
- DY319 high efficiency nickel cobalt co-extraction extractant, can take out nickel and cobalt together from nickel laterite ore or Lithium battery electrolyte. This is second step for laterite nickel ore.
- DZ272 Nickel cobalt separation extractant, it can take cobalt out from nickel cobalt solution, then leave pure nickel. This is third step for laterite nickel ore.
- DY377 efficient nickel and diamond separation extractant.
- DY366 new advanced nickel cobalt extractant.
- DZ988N/DZ973N/DZ902 copper solvent extraction reagent.
- DY301, DY302 for nuclear spent fuel recovery.
- Other extraction reagents for Vanadium extractant, Lithium extractant, Ferro extractant and rare earth extractant.