The production method of precursor (Ni1/3Co1/3Mn1/3) 3O4 for nickel cobalt manganese lithium positive electrode material (II)
The production method of the precursor (Ni1/3Co1/3Mn1/3)O1.15 for nickel cobalt lithium manganese oxide cathode material involves several steps. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Step 1: Preparation of nickel cobalt manganese alloy powder
First, metal nickel, cobalt, and manganese are mixed in a molar ratio of 1:1. This mixture is then heated and melted under nitrogen protection. The molten metal liquid is atomized using high-pressure water flow with a water pressure of 40 MPa. As a result, the atomized metal powder solidifies, settles, and eventually falls into a powder collection tank, resulting in the nickel cobalt manganese alloy powder.
The loose density of the alloy powder particles is measured to be 3.3 g/cm3, while the compacted density is found to be 2.4 g/cm3. The high-temperature melting of nickel, cobalt, and manganese metals ensures a uniform mixing of the alloy powder at the atomic level. This uniform mixture is advantageous for the subsequent preparation of highly homogeneous nickel cobalt manganese oxides.
Step 2: Oxidation of nickel cobalt manganese alloy powder to nickel cobalt manganese oxide
Next, the nickel cobalt manganese alloy powder obtained in step 1 is placed in an oxidation furnace and stirred at a speed of 100 r/min. Compressed oxygen is introduced into the furnace at a pressure of 0.5 MPa to maintain a dynamic state for roasting and oxidation. The oxidation process is carried out at a temperature of 1000 ℃ for a duration of 0.5 hours.
After oxidation, the product is transferred to an airflow mill for crushing treatment. This process requires a gas consumption rate of 1 m3/min and an air pressure of 1 MPa. The resulting nickel cobalt manganese oxide, denoted as (Ni1/3Co1/3Mn1/3)O1.15, has an average particle size (D50) of 12 μm. Its loose density measures 2.1 g/cm3, while the compacted density is 2.6 g/cm3.
In summary, the production method of the precursor (Ni1/3Co1/3Mn1/3)O1.15 for nickel cobalt lithium manganese oxide cathode material involves the preparation of nickel cobalt manganese alloy powder followed by its oxidation to obtain the desired oxide product. These steps ensure the formation of a highly homogeneous and properly sized material suitable for use as a cathode in various applications.
If you need our metal extractants, please feel free to ask us:
- P204 (D2EHPA or HDEHP) extractant. This is used for first step to remove impurity for laterite nickel ore.
- DY319 high efficiency nickel cobalt co-extraction extractant, can take out nickel and cobalt together from nickel laterite ore or Lithium battery electrolyte. This is second step for laterite nickel ore.
- DZ272 Nickel cobalt separation extractant, it can take cobalt out from nickel cobalt solution, then leave pure nickel. This is third step for laterite nickel ore.
- DY377 efficient nickel and diamond separation extractant.
- DY366 new advanced nickel cobalt extractant.
- DZ988N/DZ973N/DZ902 copper solvent extraction reagent.
- DY301, DY302 for nuclear spent fuel recovery.
- Other extraction reagents for Vanadium extractant, Lithium extractant, Ferro extractant and rare earth extractant.